Registration for Grandparents University 2017 IS NOW OPEN! REGISTER ONLINE HERE.
Grandparents University is
June 27-29, 2017
Registration for Grandparents University 2017 IS NOW OPEN! Register online HERE.
Registration DetailsMSU's Grandparents University is a program for grandparents and their grandchildren (ages 8-12) to come together for a three-day educational experience on the MSU campus. The 2017 program will take place Tuesday, June 27 to Thursday, June 29, 2017.
A two-step registration system is being offered this year. When registration opens: you can go online to reserve your space and fill out the information packet.When class selection opens: those who have reserved space are asked to return to the Grandparents University website to select class sessions and complete registration. Please note, in addition to details on housing, meals, events, schedules and other program features, a complete course and evening activity catalog is available here (updated March 20, 2017).
After completing your registration and selecting the classes you wish to attend, you'll be enrolled in those classes if there are spaces available. We're unable to guarantee availability within specific class selections, as capacity and demand varies for each course and many courses fill quickly. Additionally, there is the chance that a course you select and get placed in could be cancelled as the program date nears. In the event that this happens, you will be contacted and asked to select another course. Once registered, you may request a class change until April 21, 2017. Classes will be switched based on availability. After April 21, there will be no class changes.
Participants need not be MSU alumni to take part in the program.For 2017 Grandparents University updates, as well as photos from the 2016 program, visit the Grandparents University Facebook page.
We look forward to seeing you on campus next summer!
MSU Alumni Association
Again this year we have a two-step registration system. Beginning at 10:00 a.m. EST on Wednesday, March 15, 2017, you can go online to reserve your space and fill out the information packet. At 10:00 a.m. EST on Wednesday, March 22, 2017, you are asked to return to the Grandparents University website to select class sessions and complete your registration. To help you plan in advance, a complete course and evening activity catalog, plus details on housing, meals, events, schedules and other program features, will be available on the this website prior to registration.
The Registration Process:
First Step - When registration opens - begin the online registration process here. Please be sure to have the following information ready:
- Name of all participating family members
- Age of child(ren)
- Email and phone number for both adults and parents of child(ren)
- Any special needs/requests
- T-shirt sizes
- Number of years each person has attended Grandparents University
- Favorite MSU memory and favorite MSU tradition*
- Any MSUAA ID number(s) and/or affiliation*
How to Look up your MSUAA Membership Number*:
- Go to alumni.msu.edu
- Select the First Time Login at the top right-hand corner (If you’ve set up a password in the past, skip to Step 8)
- Type in your full First Name and Last Name (use Joseph instead of Joe, for instance)
- Click on the circle in front of your name and then click “Next>>”
- Type in your Birth Date and click “Verify” (you can ignore the Personal Code field)
- Your account information will show up now. Please review and make changes as needed
- Towards the bottom of the Personal Information section, you’ll see a field called Entity ID. This is your membership number.
- Did you already set up a password in the past? No worries! Just click Login from alumni.msu.edu. Once you’re logged in, click on My Public Profile, and look for your Entity ID (at the bottom of the Personal Information section). This is your membership number.
*Please note, MSUAA ID and affiliation information are optional. You needn't be an MSU Alumni Association member or graduate of MSU to participate in Grandparents University!
PASSWORDS: New participants will create a username and password when registering on March 15, and will use the same username and password to log back in to the registration site for the second half of registration on March 22. If you were registered for Grandparents University last year, you will already have a username and password to access the registration site. If you do not remember your password, please click on the Forgot Password button and enter your email address there. (Be sure to check your email junk box in case your spam filters may not allow this into your inbox)
Second Step - When class selection opens - please make sure you have your username and password to log back into the site.When completing your registration on Wednesday, March 22, 2017, you will select the classes you wish to attend and, if available, you'll be enrolled in that class. We're unable to guarantee availability within specific class selections - capacity and demand vary for each course, and many courses fill quickly. Additionally, there is the chance that a course you enroll in could be cancelled as the program date nears. In this event, you will be contacted and asked to select another course.
- You will pick classes and evening activities for all of your family members.
- You will fill out the participant expectation form for each child and adult
- A medical release form for each child needs to be filled out. This includes a parent signature and insurance information. You can log back in to finish this portion, or print and mail it. Your classes will be held during this time.
- Lastly, you will review, and be prompted with a Cashnet link to complete your registration with payment. Please note that only credit cards are accepted.
Paid registration includes:
- Four special Grandparents University classes and class materials;
- Two nights lodging in an MSU residence hall;
- Unique evening programs;
- Seven meals from MSU's award winning dining services. Included meals in a campus dining hall are: Tuesday lunch and dinner; Wednesday breakfast, lunch and dinner; and Thursday breakfast and lunch.
- Buses around campus; and
- A lifetime of memories.
A maximum number of participants can be accommodated for this entire event. Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Once we have reached capacity, registration will be closed and a waiting list will be established. Participation in previous programs does not guarantee a space.
Adult/Child RequirementChildren attending Grandparents University must be accompanied by an adult at all times. No more than two children can be accompanied by one adult. If two children attend with one adult, they must all attend the same classes. If two children attend with two adults, each adult/child pair may attend a different class. Similarly, no more than two adults may accompany one child. If you have multiple adults and children participating, please use the notes field to make it clear which grouping of family members will be attending each set of classes.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PROGRAM OR REGISTRATION PROCESS, PLEASE REVIEW THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs).
2017 Program Rates:
Credit Cards Accepted