Special evening activities for participants will be arranged in the weeks prior to the event. Check back for a list of activities.
"I really enjoyed Grandparents University this year. Of the many outreach activities that I've done, this has been one of my favorite and it has felt the most impactful."
2017 Instructor Brochure (pdf)
Participants of Grandparent University enjoy the whole college experience of living in the residence halls, attending classes across campus and sampling the many highlights of MSU. Grandparents University gives alumni a chance to relive their college days while exploring campus and creating lifelong memories with their grandchildren. Our goal is to get both grandparents and grandchildren working together in their session, while also getting the grandchildren excited about attending college as freshman.
Following are some of the benefits of participating in Grandparents University as an instructor.
- Participation as an instructor for Grandparents University allows you to showcase your area of interest to a new generation of students.
- Participation as an instructor for Grandparents University can be listed as an outreach/service/research activity on Form D for Recommendation for Reappointment, Promotion or Tenure Action (applies to Tenure System only).
- Participation as an instructor for Grandparents University is an experience so rewarding that more than 90% of our instructors teach multiple years.
As an instructor:
- You select your own topic and class size (range is 12-200 people), and receive a stipend of up to $10 per person for class supplies.
- You have flexibility in determining the length of your session. Average class time is 1.5 hours, but can be as short as 1 hour, or as long as 2 sessions (3-4 hours)
- Deadline for instructor registration: December 16, 2016
- Notification of Acceptance: January 6, 2017
- Conference Registration Opens: March 15, 2017
- Grandparents University: June 27-29, 2017
Sign up to become an instructor for Grandparents University here:
Grandparent University Instructor Supply Reimbursement Information:
Class Supply Pre-Approval Expense Form (Excel file)
QUESTIONS:If you have questions or would like additional information on becoming an instructor for the MSU Grandparents University program, please contact Amy Carnahan at: firstname.lastname@example.org